07 June 2011

X-Force: Wolverine - The first tentative steps

While I wait for my Alumilite to arrive--not a bad thing as it gives me more time to acquire some intimacy with the subject, the model. . . AND the conversion!--I decided to start playing with some putty. To this end, I have roughed-in a very tentative right wing of the mask; filled-in the claw locator slots on the gauntlets; and worked on the top of the right boot. I've also begun to detail the mouth, beginning with grinding off the front teeth.

I have also paused to reconsider the reanimation of the legs. I did not like the pose as provided--it just didn't work for me. I then saw a build-up of the kit by the gentlemen who designed it! Same figure, same pose. . . but relocated on the base and at a different angle.


WOW! I'm not saying I am not going to proceed with my original "design"; however, once the figure is filled and pegged, I am going to have to play around with the pose to see if I can capture some of the same dynamics as the Shiflett Bros.

More to follow. . .

UPDATE - 08.06.11. . . The Alumilite arrived today--excellent service straight from the source!--and the torso, arms, and pelvic girdle are now filled. . .

FOLLOW-UP - 09.06.11. . . The figure is now completely filled. Let the fun begin!!!

UPDATE - 11.06.11. . . This really should be a new post, but there are still some loose ends to address before breaking out the camera. The figure is now reanimated, based on what the Shiflett Bros. did with theirs. It will require a bit more work before everything is in sync, but I am very pleased with what is now before me.

No comments:

Post a Comment