23 June 2012

HAWKEYE!

In case I haven't had this fanboy geek-out moment in the past, please indulge me. . . Clint Barton, bka as Hawkeye, has been one of my favourite Avengers since as long as I can remember--literally! And after seeing The Avengers today, I have been given no reason to reconsider. BTW, if you haven't seen this Summer's (to-date. . . ASM and DKR will claim their pence next month!) blockbuster, do yourself a favor and immerse yourself in 2 1/2 hours of pure escapist joy! This is a near-perfect comic-book movie!!!

Back to Hawkeye. While I strayed to "the other side" today, spending some time at the Atlanta stop of the "Tumbler Tour" getting up close with the vehicles featured in Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy, upon my return, Eaglemoss' Hawkeye figure was awaiting me. Casting (5 pcs.) is overall as good as I've seen from Eaglemoss. As an observation, the bow appears to be cast in a harder tin alloy: great call on the part of Eaglemoss, as this is probably the most critical--and most fragile and exposed--element of this piece. My only criticisms are directed at the: 1) quiver--somewhat unrefined and definitely under- sized; and, 2) the boots--again unrefined and lacking in volume: SAS!

Unless Knight Models releases a pre-Ultimates' Hawkeye, this will probably be a fanboy's only opportunity to render a Hawkeye in collector's-miniature scale. And even if they do, it will certainly not be anywhere near the price point--nor is there a great likelihood that the casting will be any better! A great acquisition that I look forward to "making my own". . .

No comments:

Post a Comment