27 January 2013

KATŌ Yoshiaki -- FINISHED!!!

Just put the shikoro in the oven to set the final column of lacing. There is still some final clean-up to do, but otherwise I believe this project can be deemed completed.

This sculpture will be en route to Steve sometime during the week. Joining it will be the Toshiie sculpture. After much consideration, I concluded that the projected changes would essentially require a 60-70% resculpt, and that was a capital investment in time that I did not have. So I reworked, repaired, and refinished the shikoro; cleaned-up the main sculpture (this is a 2-piece sculpt); and updated and revised the refsheet.

I think these will see the light of day sometime in the next 3-4 months. I am hesitant as I do not know the status of Ii or Yamamoto. In any case, as soon as Yoshiaki is available, it will express itself to the painting bench--I am very much looking forward to tackling this piece!

Photos to follow shortly!

FOLLOW-UP 31.01.2013. . . The sculptures are now en route to England! Regrettably, I did not have time to photograph the reworked master of Yoshiaki, but I promise I will provide a 360 once I have a kit in my hands. I really can't wait!!!

By way of follow-up, I spoke with Steve today and he confirmed that Ii and Yamamoto will probably be the last two busts released from the first series. Stay tuned. . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment