17 March 2013

Josef Mai -- Intermezzo (2)

I am giving the button mold a day off to be "burned-out" and reconstituted before casting the remaining buttons this coming week. In the meantime, I have filled all the errant air pockets on the torso (concentrated in my sample along the front lower edge of the flight trousers), as well as the superfluous button holes on the jacket flap. Over the next week, I will begin to rework some of the drapery of the flight jacket to restore the areas where the buttons were removed. I also intend to shift the left column of buttons by 3-5mm to the left (right to viewer).

Stay tuned!

PS--Began finishing the right side of the face . . . Once I rework the lower lip, I will be well on my way to having Mai, albeit in miniature, before me. Night and day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment