24 March 2013

Steampunk Leia -- Prepwork: Phase (2)

It was "Star Wars Night" at last night's penultimate home outing for the ECHL Gwinnett Gladiators, and the Georgia garrison of the 501st Legion were out in "Force" as part of a fundraiser for Aimee Copeland. It was quite a show. . . and quite a game!

While there was no Leia in attendance (that I saw), it was just the ticket to get me thinking about my Steampunk Princess project, and prompting me to spend some time with her today. . .

Clean-up and minor touch-ups continue, but the restorative putty work is just about done. I have removed the choker, modeled a textured "collar", and tentatively fitted the head. I also pegged and tentatively fitted the plinth. Final posing to follow. . .

Finally, I've begun to clean and "dry-assemble" the gun. So far, so good; but haste is to be avoided at all costs. Most of the build-ups I've seen had had alignment issues with the gun components, which are an annoying distraction at best. 

That about does it for now. I will not be available this week as the demands of work command all of my time, but I will hopefully be able to pick-up right where I've left off in 10 days or so. . .

Until then. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment