28 May 2013

Jean Vingeanne - The Sub-assemblies

What prompted this posting was reading Michael's comments on the iM Facebook page re: his buildup of Freaky Gothic:
. . . I need to do the pants first because they need to be inserted into the coat before attaching the long collar parts, and it's easier to paint this way.
To each his own--and let me be the first to say that one's AvP (assembly vs. painting, not Alien vs. Predator! *;) winking) depends much on the quality of one's casting. 

Michael may be able to attach the lapels after the pants are attached, but I certainly couldn't (casting flaw) -- nor would I want to! Unless you have a perfect, seamless--did I say PERFECT?-- fit, why would you want to risk marring the painted surface. . . or at best getting it dirty with resin-dust, etc.? And the pants will be in the way of the inside of the greatcoat tails!

My AvP strategy for this kit is as follows (in painting order):
  1. Great coat unit  (including both forearms)
  2. Legs unit
  3. Head
  4. R Gauntlet
  5. L Gauntlet
  6. Gun
  7. Groundwork
Needless to say, I am anxious to see what Michael does with his. . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment