20 October 2013

Jessica -- Painting (1) - Head & Face: Day 5

As I suspected, yesterday turned out to be an "off" day. Though some research and palette tweaking was accomplished, I didn't get anywhere near the bench.

The down day and the additional research paid off handsomely today: Phase 1 of the face is now done! This new (to me!) approach of working in smaller sections (sub-assemblies, if you will) and then bringing it all together affords a greater degree of control--and yes, precision--to the process. It also affords me a greater opportunity to "switch horses", if you will, if I don't care for how some- thing is developing. I plan to finish the ears and continue working the mouth the remainder of the day.

So far so good! If work isn't too bad this week, I might have a chance to at least block-in the remaining flesh before the weekend. If not, I will spend some time setting-up the photo-shoot area: Rin was kind enough to give his blessing to in-progress reveals!

Stay tuned. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment