26 October 2013

Jessica -- Painting (4) - Finishing

The project is now essentially finished. The bust will be mounted on its display base later today; and then begins the critical finishing phase--including painting the hair-- that will probably take the better part of two weeks.

While I am hardly surprised at how enjoyable this little exercise has been, I am very surprised at how quickly it went. The exceptional casting was certainly a factor, but I must attribute the overall rapid progress to thorough planning and having a definitive "vision" of the finished product. As many of you have heard me say before, you should know what the completed piece will look like before the figure is even primed! There are enough surprises in any given project to go into it clueless and relying on Fortuna's benevolence!

I should have images up within the fortnight! Stay tuned!!

UPDATE. . . Jessica is now permanently attached to her display base; and her hair has been undercoated. While I definitely liked her as a blonde, this is a much better "look" for her.

UPDATE 30.10.2013. . . Just to bring everyone up to date, the ribbon is done, and the hair all-but! Tomorrow will be a down-day at the bench--no, not because I will be indulging ghoulish proclivi- ties; but rather 'cause it is month-end. That's OK. . . it will give the paint another day to set. . . Friday should be "final assembly" day, and by next week, I should be well into my crash OJT using a DSLR!
She really looks the part!!!. . .    

HAPPY HALLOWE'EN!!! 
 
UPDATE 01.11.2013. . . Assembly and the remaining undercoating are DONE! Tomorrow, I will hopefully be able to finish painting the hair, and begin finalization. . . 
Stay tuned!

UPDATE 02.11.2013. . . JESSICA . . . IS . . . DONE!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment