23 January 2014

Judge Dredd - Painting (IIA): The Jumpsuit, pt. 1

In spite of a brutal day at work, with but three weeks left to go, it was definitely not the time to wait for a more opportune moment. . . so the legs of the jumpsuit are now done! As is my wont of late, I paint fully intending to revisit once everything is done to deepen shadows, punch-up highlights, and, in general, do a wet outline with variable blending. 

The question now is what to do next? Do I proceed with the upper half of the jumpsuit? Or do I block-in the inside of the cartridge belt and buckle first and set aside to dry, so that when the torso is done, I can then assemble the body halves the next day. . . hmmm. . . 

Stay tuned!

FOLLOW-UP 25.01.2014. . . Recent developments at work have forced a re-consideration of what lies before me. Firstly, there is now a very strong possibility that Dredd will not be complet- ed by the Show. If I am to avoid that, my painting strategy must be a model of precision and timeliness; thus, I have decided that my next step will be to paint the cartridge belt and the gauntlets in their entirety. Next I will paint the torso of the jumpsuit, and set aside to dry. I will then begin work on the flesh and the underside of the helmet; and hopefully, I will be able to assemble the three principal subassemblies the following day. We'll see how this pans out. . . 

OFF TO WORK!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment