18 January 2015

Captain America--STRIKE Stealth Suit - Not happenin'. . .

This afternoon, I made an annotated list of the items remaining to be done on Cap. This is par for the course with me to make sure I don't forget/oversee anything, as well as provide me with cap- sule notes, etc. for any given item. 

There are 20+ items on the list. There are 26 days before "opening night", including three week- ends. In my book, that simply does not add up, especially dealing with the scale and medium of the figure, drying allotments--and yes, work. Could it be done? Even with work, it could be done. But why? I guess the real question is, "Should it be done?" And the answer to that is a definite no! Why jeopardize all the research, work, etc. simply to have yet one more piece on the display table? No show that I've ever been to is worth that!

And so, as of this writing, I will very reluctantly concede to time. Another week-to-ten days, and I wouldn't be writing this. But it is what it is. In the meantime, I will continue working on--and enjoy- ing!--Cap. And as soon as it is completed, it will be my pleasure to share my work with you. 

Now. . . if Mother Nature throws in a couple of snow days in the next four weeks. . . 

Just by way of  FOLLOW-UP, the blue is matte-ing down beautifully!!! It looks every bit as I had hoped it would, which makes the decision not to complete him for the show all the more vexing. By the same token, it amply vindicates the decision. . . HASTE MAKES WASTE!

When the cost of a hobby exceeds the fun and doesn't attract new people, the game is over.” -
Oscar Koveleski, August 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment