16 February 2015

"Wardaddy"--Pre-Prep

While doing preliminary prepwork yesterday, mainly fine-tuning the fit of the head to the torso, I settled upon my course of action for this piece. The grips are, afaic, iconic to, if not defining of, the character. Hence, they are a must. So, I have embarked on a journey along a rather lofty road. . . 

Per my introductory posting, this will mean redesigning the flow of the bust by extending its sinister half. Something like this:



Of course, that is but the structural framework for what lies ahead. . .

As a preamble to the above, I have already--carefully!--removed the cast grips, and am working on a texture stamp DONE! for the shoulder harness that must be extended.

Stay tuned!

When the cost of a hobby exceeds the fun and doesn't attract new people, the game is over.” -
Oscar Koveleski, August 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment