08 March 2015

"Mean Machine" Angel - Painting: Dial 3 -- Flesh

I was going to plod on and "finish" the metallics today, but given the time change (am I the only one who hates   DST???), and the block of time required, I decided to take a bypass straight to the flesh.

And Phase 1 of the flesh is now done! My "new" approach to flesh was prompted by my work on relatively large expanses of distressed flesh (e.g., Jessica, Daenerys), and I find it to be a more dynamic--and user-friendly!--way to render variegated tones. With MM, we not only have to deal with the exposure to radiation and extreme heat, but necrotic areas as well. So this is the poster- child for post-Apocalyptic trauma!

As for the aforementioned "organic continuity",  I couldn't be happier--at this point! We'll see how this plays out in the days and weeks to come. . . 

Stay tuned. . .

When the cost of a hobby exceeds the fun and doesn't attract new people, the game is over.” -
Oscar Koveleski, August 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment