28 June 2015

KSLJ (Bust) -- TDL

I'm starting to very much look forward to the arrival of this piece, even though I have no idea what is in store for me. . . or it!

As is my wont, I have begun the "laundry list" of things to be done:
  • The torso appears to be hollow: fill-in, and sculpt pedestal.
  • Removal of the stylized crosses.
  • Replace the sculpted crosses with Greek or Latin crosses, or crosses pattée.
  • Decide on face to be used and enhance/modify accordingly. If I opt for the skeletal extreme, develop a suitable backstory.
And that's about it! Assuming that the casting is up to snuff, this should be on the painting bench before the first nip of Fall is in the air.

Stay tuned!

When the cost of a hobby exceeds the fun and doesn't attract new people, the game is over.” -
Oscar Koveleski, August 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment