23 October 2015

Hammerstein - Prepwork: Wrapping-up

Had a bit of a detour re: the antennae. The distal tips are not only fragile, but the segmented design so evident in the artwork--to say nothing of the digital render!--did not "make it into pro- duction", at least in my sample. Since I am nothing if not preemptive--and the resin tips are a tragedy waiting to happen!--I nipped these off and replaced them with sections of a #1 non-
skid paper clip. While not a difficult enhancement, it does require a patient, steady hand, and
is a two-session undertaking.

Once I get the antennae finalized, I will continue with the final once-over, which is about 70% done. I am hoping for a priming session late Sunday morning. . .

When the cost of a hobby exceeds the fun and doesn't attract new people, the game is over.” -
Oscar Koveleski, August 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment