07 October 2015

“Old Red Eyes” – Hammerstein

I'm in a metallics mood. . . no doubt about it. And since I will need something more than a helm and some mail to satisfy the hankering, and I don't have any "alwhite" harnesses anywhere near the "stovetop", I decided to break out my issue (006) of the leader of the ABC Warriors. . . the
MkIII [Prototype] ABC War-droid, Hammerstein !

This is truly a spectacular casting! One of the best I have seen from a manufacturer for whom exceptional casting quality is par for the course!! Having said that, assembly will demand your focused attention in order to ensure that everything lines up as intended. DO NOT TAKE ANY- THING FOR GRANTED!!! 

This will largely be an OOB project--yes, it is that good/complete! I may add/replace no more than 3-5 cables/conduits (11.10.2015 - 2). One thing that I will do, and have already commenced, is rework the 2000AD groundwork.

In addition to beginning work on the groundwork, I have prepped and permanently attached the right leg, as well as tapped and pegged both legs and the groundwork.

A good start. . . 

UPDATE 08.10.15. . . Rework of the groundwork/display plinth continues (11.10.2015 - Phase 1 done!) . The left leg has been permanently attached; and the now half-assembled kit has been fitted to the groundwork. 

 UPDATE 18.10.15. . . The right arm has been permanently attached. In anticipation of the per- manent attachment of the left arm and the next phase of this project, I will say that virtually ALL of the work will involve paint. Preparation is/has been a sine qua non, as would be expected; but there were no surprises whatsoever of any magnitude. It is the paint and how it is applied that will elevate this to the standards it demands. I can't wait. . .

When the cost of a hobby exceeds the fun and doesn't attract new people, the game is over.” -
Oscar Koveleski, August 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment