22 September 2016

Lady Deadpool - Prepwork II: The Head

First things first. . . I freely admit that I lost quite a bit of my enthusiasm for this figure when I saw it 'in the resin' for the first time. . .  BUT, it grows on you quickly; and once you start assembly, the brilliance of the sculpture quickly dispels any doubts! I am enjoying this IMMENSELY!!

The head is next on the agenda, as it will require the most modification. After repositioning the head, I finalized fitting to the neck by building-up the band collar which the head will now "plug-into". Next, I applied the eye patches of the mask, which will be finished off the head and then permanently attached before I proceed with modelling the mask itself. Finally, I drilled a [counter- sunk] hole in the vicinity of the terminus of the sagittal suture to accommodate the pony-tail.

UPDATE 23.09.16. . . The pony-tail has been roughed-in over a copper armature. As I intend to support Headpool off of a loose strand of hair, this will be an ongoing concern until the very end 
of the project.

UPDATE 27.09.16. . . The pony-tail has been tentatively fitted to the head v-à-v Headpool. The mask is next. . . !

UPDATE 28.09.16. . . Eye patches permanently attached.

UPDATE 09.10.16. . . The mask and the pony-tail (including Headpool's attachment) are now all- but-done! 

When the cost of a hobby exceeds the fun and doesn't attract new people, the game is over.” -
Oscar Koveleski, August 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment