09 October 2016

Lady Deadpool - Prepwork IV: The Right Arm

With the heads essentially all-but-done, it's time to shift my attention to the arms. 

I decided to start with the more difficult of the two: the right. Neither arm is "easy", since the arms and their respective katana are cast as one piece; however, the right arm is more difficult since it is an unsupported arm. . . all the more so since I have eliminated the grenades, which served as a buttressing fixture. 

To get things rolling, I carefully drilled a pair of ~1.5mm d. holes to accommodate the solder peg. I will have to add an upper arm band, which will mask the join, etc.: how I decide to go about this--and when!--will be evaluated in the days to come. . . 

UPDATE 10.10.16. . . The right arm has been permanently attached, and the upper arm band has been modelled. I did decide to remove--and shorten! (more on this in another posting)--the katana blade. I am undecided as to whether I will follow a similar course with the left blade.  

UPDATE 11.10.16. . . The upper arm band has been finished. 

When the cost of a hobby exceeds the fun and doesn't attract new people, the game is over.” -
Oscar Koveleski, August 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment