16 February 2017

Hptm. Walther Karjus--Prepwork I

As I mentioned in my introductory posting and review, assembly has been completed except for the left gauntlet/forearm. Save for cursory clean-up and the due diligence of dry-fitting until satis- fied, this was essentially "plug and play". The left forearm will be somewhat less straightforward, depending on your preferences. I personally do not care for flush, flat-on-flat joins on layered items, so I will extend the arm slightly, and hollow-out the gauntlet cuff.

Taking a break from Natalya this evening, I proceeded with pegging the legs on Karjus. I don't believe I've ever mentioned it before, but I usually make my pegs from a single large "non-skid" paper clip. I prefer "non-skid" paper clips since the serrations provide the super-glue "teeth" to which it can adhere--think of it as miniature re-bar. I coat the distal portion of the wire in the glue, and smoothly insert it in the drilled hole.  

Karjus is now on his work base.  More to follow!

When the cost of a hobby exceeds the fun and doesn't attract new people, the game is over.” -
Oscar Koveleski, August 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment