14 March 2017

THE END

I regret to inform you that due to reasons beyond my control, AMF will cease to be an ongoing concern.

Yesterday, I noticed that I began to "lose" images that heretofore had been fine. While not all images have been impacted, a significant number of my latest uploads are now broken links. There is a reason for this--obviously; however, I have neither the time nor the inclination to ferret out the root cause/s of a problem not of my doing.

This site was a pleasurable self-indulgence; but it is time to move on. Blogs are now largely passé, and I am not now, nor will I ever be, a supporter of so-called "social media"--especially as the adaptations to mobile platforms have compromised the utility and functionality of sites such as this.

So, I thank you for your support and your indulgence. I hope that the site has proven to be of some use over the years. While the future is ever The Riddler's sigil, rest assured that I will continue modelling miniatures until it is time to call it a life. . .

PS - I have managed to "fix" a few of the broken links. Whether these are permanent fixes, I haven't a clue; but for now, the disruption has been reigned-in somewhat. . .

PPS - Please read the Comments for an update of the situation. . . THANK YOU!

When the cost of a hobby exceeds the fun and doesn't attract new people, the game is over.” -
Oscar Koveleski, August 2003

2 comments:

  1. Sorry about this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, "stranger"!!!

      I very much appreciate the comment, and I will take this opportunity to do a partial retraction of my "Parthian Shot". . .

      My dear lady, also a blogger, clued me into the fact that one can directly upload images from ones device (PC, etc.). When I started this blog, I do not believe that was an option. That not only eliminates a vital, time-consuming step; but, more importantly, it reduces by half my dependency on a third-party provider.

      I have run a test posting, and it does work! So for the time being, it will be business as usual. Please bear with me as I go through the postings and restore images--and, if I may, should you--the readership!--run across a posting missing an image, please let me know through the Comments.

      Again, THANK YOU!

      Augie

      Delete