25 March 2017

The Lion - Prepwork: Intermezzo

I can't decide whether "slow" or "rough" would better describe the last fortnight or so. Since we are right around the corner from the sheer madness that is an end-of-quarter at work, I'll stick with the latter and try to get things back on track. . . 

Full restoration will not take place before next weekend for obvious reasons, but I am trying to get things situated for when the moment arrives. To this end, today I worked a bit on "The Lion".

Final structuring, and surface finishing was begun on the face. There are still a few more putty sessions ahead of me, but I like what I see so far. 

The major advance is that the cowl has been permanently attached to the pelt, and the unit has been fitted to the torso. And I am very pleased!
 
I will continue work on the face/head over the next few sessions. Once the hair has been added, I will be able to permanently attached the head to the torso. 
 
Stay tuned!

When the cost of a hobby exceeds the fun and doesn't attract new people, the game is over.” -
Oscar Koveleski, August 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment