12 June 2017

Capt. James T. Kirk - Prepwork: Update

Not much to report, actually. As I indicated earlier, this will be a rather lengthy process, primarily due to the nature of the medium. 

I will say that the head (face, hair and neck) is all-but-done--and I am very pleased. I figure an- other 10 or so hours and it--the head--should be ready for priming. 

I am still tweaking the fit of the neck and the wrist. The neck is just about done; the wrist may require additional flexion, but I am still on the fence about this. FOLLOW-UP. . . The position of the wrist has been entirely reworked. Not quite there yet, but finally on track. . . 

So far, so good. The vinyl is getting a little easier to work, which is a good thing, as it will expe- dite surface mods and finishing considerably. 

'Til next time. . .

When the cost of a hobby exceeds the fun and doesn't attract new people, the game is over.” -
Oscar Koveleski, August 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment