01 June 2017

Mista' J - Painting III: The Trousers

Or what I thought would be the next step. . .

Once again, I have been detoured from the filed plan. Not a bad thing. . . not at all. But the focal point of the project continues to have a good laugh, albeit disembodied, at my expense. . .

In any case, I was afforded a multi-hour block of time this afternoon, and I decided to tackle the trousers. These are a challenge at virtually every turn--and that's before we even begin to consider whether to pinstripe. . . or not!

All's well that ends well, and I am quite pleased! Especially with the pinstriping!! Given the tone of the hue--and the scale!--this is not an exercise in micro-striping! Rather it is a fluid, synthetic treatment that underscores the plasticity of the fabric.

Finally, I tackled the undersides of the coat-tails. Once the oils are dry, I will be able to perma- nently attach the torso to the legs. . .

When the cost of a hobby exceeds the fun and doesn't attract new people, the game is over.” -
Oscar Koveleski, August 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment