07 June 2017

The 2017 Project

The bust of Harley, a more mature, realistic portrayal of the Joker's Princess, got me thinking. . . What if I could create a diptych inspired by Alex Ross's Tango with Evil

Once the seed was planted, I was off to the races! Seriously. First turn: track down Castle Minia- tures' "Top Drawer" bust. This bust, sculpted by Yury Serebryakov, was released in 2012, if me- mory serves, and while not particularly difficult to find, it is getting somewhat scarce--especially as it appears it is no longer being produced. I ordered mine from SK Miniatures in the UK, and they are now OS.

I should have it in-hand hopefully within the fortnight. In the meantime, there is much to be done.

My tentative plan is to convert the stock head of the "A-list" Victorian to that of Mister J himself. 
I will resculpt it if the stock head doesn't work to my satisfaction, but I don't believe that will be necessary. That should be the extent of the "hard work"--though based on my experience with "Le Petit Héros", to say nothing of the images I have seen, there will be quite a bit of surface finishing to be done.

The greatest challenge will be in the staging of the two busts. The fact that "Top Drawer" is back- less will be quite helpful, though my perception of the diptych in its final form will be like nothing I have seen--or done!--before.

More to follow upon arrival of the bust!

When the cost of a hobby exceeds the fun and doesn't attract new people, the game is over.” -
Oscar Koveleski, August 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment