23 June 2017

The Joker "TwE" - Prepwork II

The reworked roughed-in face was essentially completed after last night's posting. This amounted to little more than mirroring the work done on the left onto the right.

Today, I roughed-in the neck, as well as enhanced the rather sparse hair. I also reduced the over- all length of the torso by removing about a 1/4in. from the distal end, as a prelude to tapping a hole for the support rod: the bust can now "stand alone". 

Once I get the neck the way I want it, I can begin working on the face in earnest. Stay tuned!
 
FOLLOW-UP. . . Though still very much a work ip, the neck is now over 80% done. And it is fit- ted! I also adjusted the "angle of presentation" of the overall bust, and it looks. . . AWESOME! 

UPDATE 24.06.2017. . . The one drawback to sculpting a turned head en suite with the torso is that the neck/collar is usually unflatteringly skewed. In most instances this is hardly noticeable, especially once painted; but if the head is removed, the truth is immediately apparent. And thus, with the neck all-but-done, I devoted myself to rebuilding the left side of the collar. And then fol- lowed-up with launching the finishing phase of the torso. . .

When the cost of a hobby exceeds the fun and doesn't attract new people, the game is over.” -
Oscar Koveleski, August 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment