10 July 2018

Asp

In 2012, I broached the theme of two Marvel super-villain teams, the Serpent Society (SSo) and the Serpent Squad (SSq). It was also my initiation onto the world of Eaglemoss's pre-painted collectible figurines. . .

The other day, as I was exploring the Eaglemoss Marvel and DC collections, I decided to order Blink (CMFC #97) as a potential base figure to convert into Maxine Hunkel, bka Cyclone, one of my favourite JSA characters for any number of reasons. But upon arrival (VG+ 4 pc. casting, BTW), it occurred to me that this figure would be the ideal jump-off for a conversion to Cleo Nefertiti, bka The Asp. Cleo was an Egyptian (human) mutant exotic dancer whose unique abilities attracted the attention of the SSo.

And so, for the time being, it appears that my Serpents project has been resurrected.

To date, I have begun reworking the hair; reworking the breasts and bodice; and resculpting the shoes. So far. . . so GREAT!
 
More to follow. . .

When the cost of a hobby exceeds the fun and doesn't attract new people, the game is over.” -
Oscar Koveleski, August 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment