12 July 2018

He's back, poozers!

Its been a rough couple of weeks, and I just want a straightforward project to lose myself in. . . 

Yesterday, I indulged in one of the most maligned superhero movies ever released: Green Lantern. I not only thoroughly enjoyed it, but got my inspiration for my next bench-resident, Kilowog.

I've had Eaglemoss's DCSHC Special Edn. #13 for over 6 years. In spite of its size and mass (remember, it's a "white metal" [read: lead] casting), this is one of the best EM castings I have ever acquired! Easily a solid A!! 

When we last left him, the prepwork was all but done; however, at that time, I intended to do him as a Black Lantern, so there was still a considerable amount of alterations, however minor, to be done. I just wasn't feeling the BL-achromatic vibe any longer, so I decided to do a straight rendi- tion of the GL of Space Sector 674

The mandible is now permanently attached. As before, the maxillae will be painted (interior) and attached post-priming, but before painting the head. 

More to follow. . .

When the cost of a hobby exceeds the fun and doesn't attract new people, the game is over.” -
Oscar Koveleski, August 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment