02 June 2009

"The Monster 1931"--INTRO

Thanks to the help of a colleague and fellow UMA and Clubhouse member, my Grailquest for Mike Hill's 1/4th scale bust of the Frankenstein Monster (1931) was successfully concluded this week.

IMHO, this is the best rendition of the Monster in the "smaller" scales. Exquisitely cast in 3 pieces (plus 3 pieces for the base--base, nameplate, and a length of clear lexan rod) by Earthbound Studios, and released by Forbidden Zone, this is some of the finest casting I have ever seen(!): ZERO bubbles; no seam lines to speak of, save for a slight shift at the sprue mouth; and the finest resin I have ever encountered.

While I had some difficulty in locating and acquiring the kit, it is still available via Forbidden Zone. Though some patience will be required, it will be worth it!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Augie,

    I know it wasn't easy and it took some patience, but it sounds very much like it was worth the wait!!!:-):-):-0 I can't wait to see some ip shots!!

    Talk to you soon.
    Lloyd

    ReplyDelete