26 August 2012

HULK SMASH! -- Update #2

This project is a two-figure vignette. Whereas the main figure--the Hulk--is basically a slightly reanimated stock kit, the second figure will be an original sculpt . . .  and it is the latter that I have been working on, as time permits, over the course of the last week.

To date, I have roughed-out a mannequin (dry-assembled using 16ga. copper wire at the joins to freely allow for articulation); however, I am now at an impasse: do I stick with the canonical scale of the second figure; or do I try to go for a greater visual impact using a smaller scale?

I have all but decided to go with the smaller scale. The canonical scale would upset the balance and flow of the scene, creating two primary elements that would effectively "compete" with each other.

Back to the bench!

FOLLOW-UP - 27.08.2012. . . I believe I have reached an ideal compromise. While definitely opting for a smaller-scale mannequin, the reduction still falls within the canonical height for both the Hulk and the current object of his rage. It is decidedly larger than the depiction in the inspirational source, but I have always felt that the Hulk was oversized in that source. 

No comments:

Post a Comment