17 August 2012

HULK SMASH! -- Update

This kit is proving to be a delight to work on! Yes, there are a fair number of errant air bubbles, but these are well-defined and easy to remedy. KM's resin caster still has not gotten the hang of avoiding mold-shifts, but on this kit, they are but a couple of significant ones and they are easily handled. On the plus side, the resin is a pleasure to work; and save for the stepped mold shifts, the seams are virtually non-existent!

By way of update, I have separated the the groundwork from the assembled body: it was molded with the leg unit. I have pegged the head and the right fist, as these will undergo some minor re- positioning  [UPDATE: I have "opened" the right fist, allowing for a wider grip. The resin responds to heat better than just about any- thing I've ever used!]. I have also pegged both legs (though I have yet to permanently attach the pegs) and mounted the figure on its work base. Finally, the left arm is now ready to be permanently attached once I finish reworking the waist of the pants. . . but more on this later.

No comments:

Post a Comment