25 February 2014

Jon Snow -- Prepwork 3

The first bilateral arm session knocked me off my stride a bit. As I said, the arm castings themselves, to say nothing of their attachment to the torso, left much(!) to be desired. 

So I took a break from the arms, and worked on:
  • face -- the first phase of the left half of the face is essentially done, and it looks AWESOME!
  • "knees" -- if you recall, I removed the legs at the knees, and created a socket in which to attach the displaced legs. The exposed "knee" area was used to lock the position of the lower legs by building out the breeches and tucking them into the boots.
  • boots -- further reduction and refinement.
  • doublet -- starting build-out of the represented layers.
About half way through this evening's session, I realized that I am essentially resculpting the entire figure, using the stock figure as a core. And I am fine with that. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment