23 February 2014

Jon Snow -- Prepwork 2

Yesterday, I tentatively fitted the arms to the torso. I immediately knew that any completion would be quite a number of sessions away due to the poor fit and sub-standard castings. What I didn't realize was that fitting the arms would be such a God-awful amount of work(!)--especially if there were any expectations of the distal forearms (i.e., gauntlet cuffs) lining up naturally with the proximal forearms. 

By this evening, I was able to peg and "re-socket" the left arm, and tweak the attachment points of gauntlets-to-forearms to where they where acceptable. Once I finish detailing the plastron of the doublet, I will then be able to permanently attach the left arm. Hopefully, lining-up the right arm will proceed with significantly less hardship. . . 

More to follow. . .  

FOLLOW-UP 24.02.2014. . . The right arm is now pegged and re-socketed, and curing in the oven in situ. I'm under no delusion that this will take care of the pesky arms, but I do know that I'm well on my way to having a workable miniature!

No comments:

Post a Comment