03 February 2014

Zombie Kid Joe - Prepwork

As I mentioned, today is an 'off day' at the painting bench. So I decided to spend some time with Joe. I have permanently attached the arm and the left leg, and have tentatively fitted the head, as well as begun converting the collared neck to a crew neck. All I can say is that this is very dis- turbing little piece. . . and I mean that as a compliment!!!

FOLLOW-UP. . . Clean-up on Joe is just about done! This speaks more to the quality of the casting and the thought that went into laying-out the mold than how fast I can work!! 
 
I did enhance the shorts somewhat: I undercut the flaps of the cargo pockets, added a button, and pleated the pockets. These add relief and an interesting point of detail that will direct the eyes upward.

No comments:

Post a Comment