19 July 2014

"Mean Machine" Angel - Prep 2

With Hisssss Honor, Judge Death, preparing to step down from the bench--painting-bench that is!--the time has come to begin the selection process for his replacement. . .

As much as I would have liked to have continued a 'judicial' theme, I need a break from the Dark Justices; so the frontrunner, as of this writing, is "Mean Machine" Angel.

Picking up where I had left off, much of the prepwork has already been done. In fact, the general clean-up part of the prepwork was all-but-completed back in February. What remained to be done was the detailing and tweaking of the stock castings to suit my vision of the piece. . . and adapting the groundwork to my chosen display base.

The groundwork is now close to being done. First things first, I modelled-over the 2000AD logo with MS; and thinned the "base" down to the terrain. Next, as I am mounting it on a square dis- play pedestal, I squared-off the sides of the base to the appropriate dimensions. Now all that remains is to add the four corners of the terrain once it is mounted permanently to its display base.

Stay tuned!

FOLLOW-UP 20.07.2014 - Groundwork is done!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment