29 September 2014

Captain Rogers Stealth Suit - Prepwork (II)

In my last posting, I noted how I had discarded the soft vinyl neck peg, and replaced it with a length of tin solder. Upon reviewing my weekend progress this evening, I noticed how the shallow flat-on-flat neck join was still quite apparent. Not a problem! I proceeded to grind-out the neck opening as deep as the length of the vinyl peg. Now, I will model a neck from MS, and have a perfectly keyed and fitted neck of appropriate muscularity--and length! DONE!! [NOTE: This is air-curing as I do not want to incur any heat-induced distortion along the collar.] 

My goal is to have this on the painting bench by Veterans' Day. (This has been highlighted as a reminder to myself.)

More to follow. . .

When the cost of a hobby exceeds the fun and doesn't attract new people, the game is over.” -
Oscar Koveleski, August 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment