08 December 2014

"Mother of Dragons" - Prepwork: Groundwork and. . .

In an earlier posting, I broached the topic of the groundwork and pegging. What remains of the metal groundwork is now ready to be transferred to the permanent display pedestal

As to the pegging, I stand by my original statement: the ankles are too delicate. "Fools rush in...", and I ain't no fool! That being said, I opted for a compromise solution: I drilled a hole into the mounting blocks past the arches of the respective feet. This will allow me to stage, complete, and paint the groundwork without having to work around the figure; and, conversely, paint the figure off the groundwork as I normally would. Once completed, the primary attachment points will be the foot blocks in their respective openings, reinforced by the copper wires into the wood of the pedestal.

More to follow. . .  

By way of FOLLOW-UP, I believe--hope!--that the putty work has been completed on the figure. There was not much, I assure you; and most of the work was to satisfy my requirements for--and vision of--the canvas. All the putty work that remains will involve the finishing work when attaching the babies to Daenerys.

When the cost of a hobby exceeds the fun and doesn't attract new people, the game is over.” -
Oscar Koveleski, August 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment