16 December 2014

"Mother of Dragons" - Painting: Undercoating

IT. . . HAS. . . BEGUN!!!

I have just finished "undercoating" the figure of Daenerys. Just so that we're all on the same page, if I refer to any painting at this point, it will concern Dany exclusively. I will address each of the offspring individually when the time comes: as much as they truly are the "stars" of the piece, for all practical purposes they are accessory items.

I undercoated Dany in a series of washes using Vallejo Game Color's Elf Skintone: this is no more than a tint of a 'heavier', ruddier flesh colour such as Model Color Beige-Red. 

Once was satisfied with the washes, I scrub-stippled pure Elf Skintone on the structural highlights to begin creating a 'road-map' that I could follow in the next step: glazing with oils.

That's it for now! More to follow. . .

When the cost of a hobby exceeds the fun and doesn't attract new people, the game is over.” -
Oscar Koveleski, August 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment