27 November 2015

Lawmaster Mk1 - Prepwork I: The Radiator

The main focus of these Prepwork entries will be on the work done in addition to the basics. I will start off with the radiator. The Notron (an obvious play on the classic British MC marque, Norton) 4000cc V8 is a water-cooled engine; however the rather prominent radiator has received some- what of a short shrift. In fact, if you were not familiar with the Lawmasters, you wouldn't know it was the radiator! 

To date, I have countersunk/recessed the face of the radiator. Next, I will add coils made from 0.8mm tin solder DONE!, and shield the coils with a PE honeycomb "armoured" grill DONE!!
I will then frame the grill with MS. DONE!!!

Not worth the additional effort? We shall soon see. . . 

FOLLOW-UP. . . I would try to photograph the completed(?) radiator, but given my limited set-up, it would definitely not be worth it. I am delighted with the outcome, as it undeniably raises the bar a few notches; however, truth be told, very little will be readily visible given the size of the tires and the radiator's relative proximity to the fender. Conclusion: a modeller's call; but given that it takes little more than a couple of hours of work, I would strongly urge that it be considered. . . 

When the cost of a hobby exceeds the fun and doesn't attract new people, the game is over.” -
Oscar Koveleski, August 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment