09 December 2015

Durham Red - Prepwork: Intermezzo

If I may, I'll just cut to the chase. . . prepping Durham Red is all-but-done!

Insofar as assembly is concerned, all that remains to be attached is the hilt/grip of her left boot- knife. [NOTE 12.12.2015: I decided to omit the left hilt, as I found the symmetry to be somewhat forced.] These long hilts are items that most miniaturists will leave off until the figure is mounted on its display base--and that is fine. But as I prefer as complete a canvas as possible prior to priming, I elected to go ahead and attach these pieces. The only two pieces that will remain to be attached once painting is underway are the arms.

I really hoped I would have an available red-dyed base upon which to display our mutant vamp; but, alas, the two remaining red bases I have are much too large. The base I've chosen is a textured black pedestal, but I may decide to add some "hmmph" to it before it is all said and done. If I can pull-off what I am considering, it will be quite unique!

Finally, the groundwork is about 70% done. I am modelling it off the base: once the work is com- pleted, I will permanently attach it to the base with 5-min. epoxy DONE! before proceeding with fitting of the figure and finalizing enhancements. DONE!!

That's about it for now. Getting ever closer to priming. . . if all works-out as envisioned, I am hoping to have her primed before the end of the weekend. . . 

When the cost of a hobby exceeds the fun and doesn't attract new people, the game is over.” -
Oscar Koveleski, August 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment