05 December 2015

Durham Red - Prepwork

I've just about completed the add-mods on the mutant vamp; however, I still want to see if I can minimize the obvious join line on the breechclout once it is attached. Other than that, all that re- mains to be done is sharpening the definition of her fangs: they are virtually indiscernible on my sample!

Stay tuned! 

FOLLOW-UP. . . Given the amount of work required and the small area to be worked, I decided to go ahead and permanently attach the breechclout, and make the modifications in situ. DONE! The only drawback to this approach is that I will have very little wiggle-room in certain areas when it comes time to painting. . . c'est la vie!

FOLLOW-UP 07.12.2015. . . As noted above, the modifications were executed and finished earlier today. I just wanted to point out that in situ is the only direct way to effect an accurate rendition. One could certainly redesign the breechclout to include a section of the lower abdominal panel of the nanosuit; but, as with any figure redesign, this is not only time-consuming and labour-inten- sive, but beyond the capabilities of most miniaturists.  

When the cost of a hobby exceeds the fun and doesn't attract new people, the game is over.” -
Oscar Koveleski, August 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment