15 January 2016

ICM's 1/16th World's Guards

Well. . . Happy New Year indeed!

ICM recently "published" their 2016 catalog, and they have announced a new series of World's Guards units (p. 19)! Those of you who know me well know that I have been clamoring for such a series since well-before the turn of the century--all good things indeed come to those who wait!

The series will be produced in polystyrene in 1/16th scale (~120mm). It appears that ICM intends to give MiniArt a run for their money: while I am a big fan of the latter's earlier releases, their offer- ings over the last few years have left MUCH to be desired.
      


These will be ICM's first foray into the "large" scales, so I am very anxious to see how they man- age the transition. But I am even more curious to see if they expand their series outside of the modern era! Though I would be more than happy if they were to release a companion piece to 16002: an officer with a SMG. . .

Stay tuned!  

When the cost of a hobby exceeds the fun and doesn't attract new people, the game is over.” -
Oscar Koveleski, August 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment