17 May 2016

ICM's 1/16th World's Guards -- UPDATE

By way of update to my original posting, the first issue, 16001 - British Queen's Guard's Grenadier (or Queen's Guard, Grenadier Guards), is now available Stateside! MSRP is just under US$40--you can easily find it 20-25% below that.

I hesitate to review the piece as I do not have it, but there are plenty of pics available on line (e.g., manufacturer's site). If they are released in numerical order, I am definitely in for the next release!

FOLLOW-UP. . . Some of you might have noticed the link for the Swiss Papal Guard I added last night. Based on the images provided, I am on the fence about this one; however, I don't know if this is a preview, or the production prototype. If the latter, there will be quite a bit of work required to get it up to speed. For starters: the head, leggings. and belt buckle. Having said that, ICM did do their homework. . . they just cut some corners which for this reviewer are unacceptable. If you "like" what you see, I would suggest that you start doing your research: there are more than enough hi-res images on-line to get you through this project! Full review to follow upon release. . .

When the cost of a hobby exceeds the fun and doesn't attract new people, the game is over.” -
Oscar Koveleski, August 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment