26 May 2017

Capt. James T. Kirk - Prepwork I

Let the mission begin!!!

First step is to assemble the figure. . . uh. . . bust. This is a fairly quick undertaking; though I must emphasize that it is not to be rushed! The arms have now been permanently attached; the head will not be attached until it is painted--but more on this later. . .

Next, I filled the arms and torso with PUR, per my usual MO with hollow-cast, vinyl figures. 

So far, so good. . . Stay tuned!!!

FOLLOW-UP. . . The left forearm has been bisected mid-length--for starters. This is the prelimi- nary step that removes a significant amount, but still affords me plenty of arm to play with in or- der to achieve the perfect proportional balance. 

UPDATE 27.05.17. . . All components of the project have now been filled and pegged.

When the cost of a hobby exceeds the fun and doesn't attract new people, the game is over.” -
Oscar Koveleski, August 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment