21 May 2017

James Tiberius Kirk, Starfleet Captain - Intro

Space: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Enterprise. Its five-year mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no man has gone before. . .
I will freely admit that I am not a trekkie/trekker; though, yes, I am a fan of TOS and most of its subsequent iterations. I built all of the original AMT starship releases in the 60s (the Enterprise at least thrice), which as it turns out, was my last major fling with non-historical scale modelling until relatively recently. . .

Which brings us to the project at hand. My über-Boss will be retiring at the end of the month. This is a man whose job I would not have for all the tea in China! And what he brought to his unenviable position made those impossible days for his subordinates at the very least bearable.
I could go on and on, but I will simply say, "He will be missed!"

The Boss is a huge(!) Star Trek fan. Thus I can think of no-better way of recognizing and thank- ing him for the 11+ years of leadership, counsel, and camaraderie bestowed upon me than to present him with a miniature of one of his all-time-favourite non-historical characters: James Tiberius Kirk.

I will flesh-out the project itself in the next introductory entry of this project. . .

When the cost of a hobby exceeds the fun and doesn't attract new people, the game is over.” -
Oscar Koveleski, August 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment