25 December 2017

Old Man Carl - Prepwork 2

As I indicated in the introductory review, I had a laundry-list of items to address in my pre-receipt evaluation of the figure. I am very pleased (and not a little relieved!) to report that the figure is pretty much good-to-go OOB! 

The only item that absolutely requires a second-look is the sling to Michonne's katana. Yet even this is a minor alteration that can be addressed in 1-2 hrs! 

The rest of the prepwork is SOP finishing. I am reducing the bulk and defining some of the folds of the poncho, but the greatest challenge in this will be dealing with the hardness of the resin. If you haven't replaced your burrs and cutters in a while, NOW is the time to do it!

That's about it! I will comment on any unexpected encounters in future posts. . . 

Until then. . . 

When the cost of a hobby exceeds the fun and doesn't attract new people, the game is over.” -
Oscar Koveleski, August 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment