10 December 2017

Year-end reassessment

As we enter the final three weeks of 2017, there have been some developments that will see a revamping of the benches going into the New Year.

I haven't done much of anything since Thanksgiving. Tis the cold and flu season--AMEN!--and the ramp-up at work has surpassed expectations. The two, along with dealing with the daily vicissi- tudes, have pretty much knocked the wind out of my creative and productive sails.

I was hoping to get a much needed infusion of inspiration in the last fortnight, but none was to be had. And then the news broke that the forthcoming Atlanta Show would be held in Marietta, not Decatur! On the one hand, I am very glad that they were able to secure a location with the show less than 2 months away; but the new venue precludes my attendance. And that in turn removes any incentive to complete the projects currently on the benches.

This afternoon I cleaned-up the work bench in anticipation of two new projects that will hopefully be launched before year-end. With regard to the painting bench, I am going to see where the muses lead me in the days to come. . .

Stay tuned. . .

FOLLOW-UP 18.12.2017. . . I continue in my creative nadir, so this weekend I put away all the historical projects--two busts--on my painting bench. These will be replaced by two 75mm full figures that hopefully will make it onto Santa's sleigh before the Ol' Man departs the North Pole.

More to follow. . .  

When the cost of a hobby exceeds the fun and doesn't attract new people, the game is over.” -
Oscar Koveleski, August 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment