19 October 2019

White Walker - Prepwork 12: Post-Finishing--The pteruges

As I indicated a little over 4 weeks ago, I would resume postings on the prep portion of the pro- ject when I began to finalize the rework of the pteruges. With the painting of the flesh taking-on a life of its own, and the figure being ready to be 'dressed' by permanently attaching the pteruges-- if they were ready, it was time to do just that. . . 

The finishing of the pteruges is all-but-done. By "finishing", I mean preparing the surface to re- ceive the addition of a fifth segment per strip--save for the strip on either side of the central solid 3; in addition to reducing the thickness of each of the strips. I would also point out that, while I have no definitive proof, it is reasonable to conclude that 4 strips of the rear panel of the pteruges are likewise unsegmented/solid.

More to follow. . .

When the cost of a hobby exceeds the fun and doesn't attract new people, the game is over.” -
Oscar Koveleski, August 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment