04 November 2011

Loki -- UPDATE (2)

I have made a decision re: the weaponry--the "spear" is history! I briefly considered leaving him sans weapon, but that was a bit too "strained". Having slept on it, I decided to add Mjolnir to the mix.

This is by no means an easy mod to carry out. It is not difficult, but the somewhat flattened hand and overly 'tight' grip dictates proceeding with caution. The worst is now behind me (fleshing-out the hand, adding an extended index finger, etc.), and Mjolnir's head (Plastruct and MS) is in the oven curing. . .

Moving right along. . .

FOLLOW-UP. . . Mjolnir is essentially done! All that remains are the bindings on the [wood] handle, and final assembly (which may wait until the figure is painted). 

FOLLOW-UP (2). . . Mjolnir--save for final assembly--is done!

I was in a bit of quandary re: the bindings, as I did not want to sculpt them, BUT. . . I did not have any suitable material with which to do it. That's when my lady came up with the brilliant/inspired notion of making my own using tin solder! I had Mjolnir's handle bound within 15 mins. or so - 10+ mins. worth of hammering and trimming; 3-5 minutes of binding. Great stuff!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment