05 July 2015

Judge Death (Bust) - Prepwork

As we have come to expect from DWC, prepwork is minimal. There are seamlines, but you will have to work to find them. Given the nature of the hobby in this day, most people will not bother... Which suggests to me what little respect they have for their canvas--and we, in turn, should have for their work! 

I am anxiously awaiting the release of the return of the Dark Judges in Judge Dredd: Dark Jus- tice later this month, so any serious mods will have to wait until then. In the meantime, however, basic prepwork can be addressed and hopefully completed. . . 

This morning, I have fitted the right pterosaur pauldron to my satisfaction, and permanently at- tached the left arm. As to the latter, save for the left hand, that is as far as I intend to go with pre- assembly, as the fit is seemless, and I have no inclination to compromise the painting. I have also all-but-completed finishing of the helmet and the lower head.

Once the basic prepwork is completed, I will begin work on the coarse lacing that will replace the jumpsuit zipper. . . 

Movin' right along. . .

FOLLOW-UP. . . In order to created a more unique, less derivative look, I decided to reposition the left hand. The final position has yet to be determined, but the wrist socket has been expand- ed and the hand has been pegged (.063" tin solder).

While still very much in a design stage, I am examining the possibility of modding the helmet slightly. DONE!

When the cost of a hobby exceeds the fun and doesn't attract new people, the game is over.” -
Oscar Koveleski, August 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment