02 February 2019

Joker - Zinnfigur Bust

A number of years ago, I purchased a Zinnfiguren bust of the Joker, engraved by Andreas Trost, and edited by Schmalkalder Zinnfiguren, at the table of The Little Tin Soldier and my friend and colleague, Jack Muldoon. It is based on an illustration by Alex Horley (the nom de plume of Ita- lian graphic artist Alessandro Orlandelli), and measures 60mm oh, making it approx. 300mm to scale.



This is one of the nicest portrait busts I have ever seen, a credit to Hr. Trost's considerable skills. Nonetheless, the shirt and vest are decidedly inadequate for obvious reasons, as you can see. I am currently reworking both items to bring the "canvas" up to speed. 

Once I am satisfied, I plan to move this piece straight to the painting bench. Modelling is a lot of fun, but nothing beats some brush action. . . 

When the cost of a hobby exceeds the fun and doesn't attract new people, the game is over.” -
Oscar Koveleski, August 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment