15 June 2020

THUNDERBALL!!! – Prepwork (4): Finishing the DPU, pt. 2: Intermezzo (2)

I was pondering the work done over the last ten days or so, trying to decide what was still nag- ging at me. . . It occurred to me that in spite of the dimensional and visual improvements effected to date, I was not "raising the bar" as far as the structural details were concerned. In short, I was playing by Andrea's rules. So I decided that the next steps would be to create two independent subunits: the lamp housing and the prop shroud. These items would be pure model scratch- building exercises.

The tubing is on order and I hope to have the headlamp finalized by the end of the weekend. The shroud may take a bit longer. . .   

When the cost of a hobby exceeds the fun and doesn't attract new people, the game is over.” -
Oscar Koveleski, August 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment